March 10 is the 69th day of the year (70th in leap years). There are 296 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 1415: Vasili II of Russia (d. 1462)
- 1452: Ferdinand II of Aragon (d. 1516)
- 1503: Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1564)
- 1536: Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk, English politician (d. 1572)
- 1776: Louise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Queen consort of Prussia (d. 1810)
- 1845: Tsar Alexander III of Russia (d. 1894)
- 1964: Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex
- 1291: Arghun, Persian ruler
- 1391: Tvrtko I, First king of Bosnia (b. 1338)
- 1513: John de Vere, 13th Earl of Oxford, English commander (b. 1443)
- 1549: Thomas Seymour, 1st Baron Seymour of Sudeley, English politician and diplomat
- 1792: John Stuart, 3rd Earl of Bute, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (b. 1713)
- 1823: George Elphinstone, 1st Viscount Keith, Royal Navy admiral (d. 1746)
- 298 BC: Roman Emperor Maximian concludes his campaign in North Africa against the Berbers, and makes a triumphal entry into Carthage.
- 1629: Charles I of England dissolves Parliament, beginning the eleven-year period known as the Personal Rule.
- 1814: Napoleon I of France is defeated at the Battle of Laon in France.
- 1831: The French Foreign Legion is established by King Louis-Philippe to support his war in Algeria.