November 11 is the 315th day of the year (316th in leap years). There are 50 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 995 BC: Gisela of Swabia, Holy Roman Empire Empress (d. 1041)
- 1050: Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1106)
- 1154: King Sancho I of Portugal (d. 1212)
- 1155: King Alfonso VIII of Castile (d. 1214)
- 1220: Alphonse of Toulouse (d. 1271)
- 1599: Maria Eleonora of Brandenburg, Queen of Sweden (d. 1655)
- 1633: George Savile, 1st Marquess of Halifax, British statesman (d. 1695)
- 1748: King Charles IV of Spain (d. 1819)
- 1869: King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy (d. 1947)
- 1882: King Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden (d. 1973)
- 1981: Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg
- 1686: Louis II de Bourbon, Prince de Condé, French general (b. 1621)
- 1760: King George II of Great Britain (b. 1683)
- 1861: King Pedro V of Portugal (b. 1837)
- 1917: Queen Liliuokalani (b. 1838)
- 1953: Princess Irene of Hesse and by Rhine (b. 1866)
- 2005: Patrick Anson, 5th Earl of Lichfield, British photographer (b. 1939)
- 308 BC: At Carnuntum, Emperor emeritus Diocletian confers with Galerius, Augustus of the East, and Maximianus, the recently returned former Augustus of the West, in an attempt to restore order to the Roman Empire.
- 1500: Treaty of Granada – Louis XII of France and Ferdinand II of Aragon agree to divide the Kingdom of Naples between them.
- 1918: Emperor Charles I of Austria relinquishes power.
- 1999: The House of Lords Act is given Royal Assent, restricting membership of the British House of Lords by virtue of a hereditary peerage.
- 2006: Her Majesty Elizabeth II unveils the New Zealand War Memorial in London, United Kingdom, commemorating the loss of soldiers from the New Zealand Army and the British Army.
- 2008: RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2) sets sail on her final voyage to Dubai.