April 14 is the 104th day of the year (105th in leap years). There are 261 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 1336: Emperor Go-Kōgon of Japan (d. 1374)
- 1578: King Philip III of Spain (d. 1621)
- 1738: William Cavendish-Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1809)
- 1741: Emperor Momozono of Japan (d. 1762)
- 1818: Marie of Saxe-Altenburg, queen of Hanover (d. 1909)
- 1857: Princess Beatrice of the United Kingdom (d. 1944)
- 1132: Mstislav I of Kiev (b. 1076)
- 1279: Bolesław the Pious
- 1322: Bartholomew de Badlesmere, 1st Baron Badlesmere (b. 1275)
- 1471: Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick, English kingmaker (b. 1428)
- 1574: Louis of Nassau, Dutch general (killed in battle) (b. 1538)
- 1578: James Hepburn, 4th Earl of Bothwell, consort of Mary, Queen of Scots
- 1662: William Fiennes, 1st Viscount Saye and Sele, English statesman (b. 1582)
- 1716: Arthur Herbert, 1st Earl of Torrington, British admiral
- 43 BC: Battle of Forum Gallorum: Mark Antony, besieging Julius Caesar's assassin Decimus Junius Brutus Albinus in Mutina, defeats the forces of the consul Pansa, who is wounded.
- 69: Vitellius, commander of the Rhine armies, defeats Emperor Otho in the Battle of Bedriacum and seizes the throne.
- 70: Siege of Jerusalem: Titus, son of emperor Vespasian, surrounds the Jewish capital, with four Roman legions.
- 966: After his marriage to the Christian Dobrawa of Bohemia, the pagan ruler of the Polans, Mieszko I, converts to Christianity, an event considered to be the founding of the Polish state.
- 1028: Henry III, son of Conrad, is elected king of the Germans.
- 1294: Temür, grandson of Kublai Khan, is elected Khagan of the Mongols and Emperor of the Yuan Dynasty with the reigning titles Oljeitu and Chengzong.
- 1341: Sack of Saluzzo (Italy) by Italian-Angevine troops under Manfred V of Saluzzo.
- 1471: In England, the Yorkists under Edward IV defeat the Lancastrians under the Earl of Warwick at the Battle of Barnet; the Earl is killed and Edward IV resumes the throne.
- 1931: Spanish Cortes depose King Alfonso XIII and proclaims the 2nd Spanish Republic.
- 2011: Christening of Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine of Denmark