May 14 is the 134th day of the year (135th in leap years). There are 231 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 1316: Charles IV, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1378)
- 1553: Margaret of Valois (d. 1615)
- 1666: Victor Amadeus II of Sardinia (d. 1732)
- 1710: Adolf Frederick, King of Sweden (d. 1771)
- 1725: Ludovico Manin, last Doge of the Republic of Venice (d. 1802)
- 1953: Norodom Sihamoni, King of Cambodia
- 2002: Margarita Armstrong-Jones
- 2002: Isabella van Vollenhoven
- 1219: Sir William Marshal, 1st Earl of Pembroke (b. 1187)
- 1470: Charles VIII of Sweden (b. 1409)
- 1608: Charles III, Duke of Lorraine (b. 1543)
- 1610: King Henry IV of France (b. 1553)
- 1643: King Louis XIII of France (b. 1601)
- 1912: King Frederick VIII of Denmark (b. 1843)
- 1959: Infanta Maria Antonia of Portugal (b. 1862)
- 1264: Battle of Lewes: Henry III of England is captured and forced to sign the Mise of Lewes, making Simon de Montfort the de facto ruler of England.
- 1483: Coronation of Charles VIII of France (Charles l'Affable).
- 1610: Henry IV of France is assassinated bringing Louis XIII of France to the throne.
- 1643: Four-year-old Louis XIV becomes King of France upon the death of his father, Louis XIII.
- 1962: Wedding of Infante Juan Carlos of Spain and Princess Sophia of Greece and Denmark
- 2004: Wedding of Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark, and Mary Donaldson