January 15th is the 15th day of the year. There are 350 days remaining until the end of the year (351 in leap year).
- 1342: Philip II, Duke of Burgundy (d. 1404)
- 1432: King Afonso V of Portugal (d. 1481)
- 1882: Princess Margaret of Connaught (d. 1920)
- 1902: King Saud of Saudi Arabia (d. 1969)
- 1945: Princess Michael of Kent
- 1968: Iñaki Urdangarin, Duke of Palma de Mallorca
- 1982: Prince Philip and Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia
- 69 BC: Galba, Roman Emperor (b. 3 BC)
- 936: King Rudolph of France
- 1345: Martin Zaccaria
- 1595: Murad III (b. 1546)
- 1781: Mariana Victoria of Spain (b. 1718)
- 1815: Emma, Lady Hamilton (b. 1761)
- 1936: Henry Forster, 1st Baron Forster (b. 1866)
- 1996: Paramount Chief Moshoeshoe II of Lesotho (b. 1938)
- 2006: Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah (b. 1926)
- 588 BC: Nebuchadnezzar II of Babylon lays siege to Jerusalem under Zedekiah's reign. The siege lasts until July 23, 586 BC.
- 69: Otho seizes power in Rome, proclaiming himself Emperor of Rome, but rules for only three months before committing suicide.
- 1559: Coronation of Queen Elizabeth I
- 1991: Elizabeth II, in her capacity as Queen of Australia, signs letters patent allowing Australia to become the first Commonwealth Realm to institute its own separate Victoria Cross award in its own honours system.