June 7 is the 158th day of the year (159th in leap years). There are 207 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 1329: Robert the Bruce, King of Scotland (b. 1274)
- 1394: Anne of Bohemia, wife of Richard II of England (b. 1367)
- 1840: King Frederick William III of Prussia (b. 1770)
- 1628: The Petition of Right, a major English constitutional document, is granted the Royal Assent by Charles I and becomes law.
- 1654: Louis XIV is crowned King of France.
- 1940: King Haakon VII, Crown Prince Olav, and the Norwegian government leave Tromsø and go into exile in London.
- 1945: King Haakon VII of Norway returns with his family to Oslo after five years in exile.
- 1977: 500 million people watch on television as the high day of Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II begins.