| This article is need of a clean-up. You can help out Royalty Wiki by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and making other corrections to improve the overall quality of the article.
|Prince Christian of Denmark|
|Location||Christiansborg Palace Chapel, Denmark|
|Date||Saturday, 21 January 2006|
|v • d • e|
Christian's given names are:
His forenames all have a family significance:
- Christian is after his great-great-grandfather, Christian X of Denmark, continuing the Danish royal tradition of the heir apparent being named either Christian or Frederick.
- Valdemar is after Valdemar IV of Denmark. It is also a common royal name. The Prince's uncle Joachim has Waldemar as one of his names. The Prince's cousin Felix, Joachim's second son, has Valdemar as one of his names.
- Henri is after his paternal grandfather, Prince Henrik, whose given name is Henri.
- John is after his maternal grandfather, John Donaldson.
He received a number of presents on the occasion of his christening, including a pony called Flikflak from the Folketing, Denmark's national parliament.
His godparents are:
- Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway, the Crown Prince of Norway
- Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway, the Crown Princess of Norway
- Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, the Crown Princess of Sweden
- Prince Joachim of Denmark, his paternal uncle
- Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece
- Jane Stephens
- Jeppe Handwerk, friend of Mary and Frederik
- Hamish Campbell, friend of Mary and Frederik