| This article is need of a clean-up. You can help out Royalty Wiki by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and making other corrections to improve the overall quality of the article.
|v • d • e|
Prince Vincent's names are:
- Vincent, a name meaning "conquering" and that of the patron saint of wine-makers, is said to be in acknowledgement of his grandfather's French roots.
- Frederik, after his father and following the custom that Danish princes tend to have either Frederik or Christian among their given names
- Minik, a popular Greenlandic name in use for both genders meaning "viscid train oil which is being used as sealing for skin boats."
- Alexander, a popular name in Denmark, originally a Latin name derived from the Greek Alexandros, meaning "defender of men" It is also a popular name among the crown princess' family.
Princess Josephine's names are:
- Josephine, a popular Danish name (often spelled Josefine) meaning "Jehovah increases" shared with her godmother, Josephine Rechner and her ancestress Josephine of Leuchtenberg
- Sophia, from the Greek meaning "wisdom", commonly spelled Sofie in Danish
- Ivalo, a Greenlandic name meaning "tendon, thread, sinew"
- Mathilda, An old German name, revived in Australia which means "mighty in battle"
Vincent's godparents are his maternal uncle, John Stuart Donaldson, Felipe, Prince of Asturias, Gustav, Hereditary Prince of Sayn Wittgenstein berleburg, Count Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille, Baroness Helle Reedtz-Thott and Caroline Heering.
Josephine's godparents are Princess Marie of Denmark, Prince Carlo, Duke of Castro, her maternal aunt, Patricia Bailey, Prince Carl Fredrik, Duke of Västerbotten Birgitte Handwerk and Mary's Australian friend, Josephine Rechner.