| This article is need of a clean-up. You can help out Royalty Wiki by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and making other corrections to improve the overall quality of the article.
|Christening of Princess Estelle|
Royal Chapel, Sweden
Tuesday, 22 May 2012
Estelle's names are:
- Estelle, there has been speculation that Princess Estelle was given her name in honor of Countess Estelle Bernadotte (1904–1984), the American wife of Count Folke Bernadotte. On 24 February 2012, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden told a special cabinet meeting, announcing the name, that the name Estelle is very close to the heart of her mother and also the family. Countess Estelle Bernadotte's son Folke Bernadotte Jr. said in an interview that he is very honored that Princess Estelle was (as he assumes) named after his mother, and that the royal family had a special relationship to her and her charity work.
- Silvia, is for her maternal grandmother, Queen Silvia of Sweden.
- Ewa, is for her paternal grandmother, Ewa Westling.
- Mary, is a name she shares with her godmother, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.
Her godparents are:
- Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
- Prince Carl Fredrik, Duke of Västerbotten
- Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
- Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange
- Anna Westling Söderström, her father's sister.
Note: This is a gallery of the ceremony and official photos. To see photos of the guests, please go here.