| prev, German Crown Princess and Crown Princess of Prussia
Princess of Prussia
|Spouse|| Prince Louis Ferdinand Sr of Prussia (m. 1975; d. 1977) |
Duke Friedrich August of Oldenburg (m. 1985)
| Georg Friedrich I, German Emperor (b. 1976) |
Princess Cornelie-Cecile of Prussia (b. 1978)
Duke Christian August of Oldenburg (b. 1986)
|House|| House of Castell-Rüdenhausen (by birth) |
House of Hohenzollern (by marriage)
|Father||Siegfried, 4th Prince of Castell-Rüdenhausen|
|Mother||Countess Irene of Solms-Laubach|
|Born||20 June 1950 (age 67)|
Princess Donata of Prussia and Duchess of Oldenburg, (Donata Emma; born 20 June 1950) is the mother of Georg Friedrich, King of Prussia, the current head of the House of Hohenzollern and Princess Cornelie-Cecile of Prussia.
Countess Donata was born 20 June 1950 at the Castle of Rüdenhausen, Germany. As the third child and only daughter of Siegfried, 4th Prince of Castell-Rüdenhausen and (1916–2007), head of the Rüdenhausen branch of the House of Castell and his wife Countess Irene of Solms-Laubach (1925-2006).
She was raised as a Lutheran. After Abitur at Wiesentheider Gymnasium she made an apprenticeship of three years as a nurse at the German Red Cross Hospital in .
Marriages and Family Edit
First Marriage Edit
On 24 May 1975, Donata became the German Crown Princess and the Crown Princess of Prussia when she married, Louis Ferdinand, the heir to the German Empire at St Peter and Paul's Cathedral.
Donata and Louis Ferdinand were parents of two children, a son and daughter:
- Georg Friedrich I, German Emperor (born 10 June 1976)
- Princess Cornelie-Cecile of Prussia (born 30 January 1978)
In May/June 1977, The Crown Prince was involved in a severe accident during military manoeuvres when he was pinned between two vehicles. Although his leg was amputated, he succumbed several weeks later to the trauma and died on 11 July 1977 in Bremen.
Second Marriage Edit
On 9 February 1987, Dowager Crown Princess Donata married Duke Friedrich August of Oldenburg. They have one child together, one son:
- Duke Christian August of Oldenburg, (born 21 March 1986).
Princess Donata has ten grandchildren:
- Wilhelm Ferdinand (born 10 October 1998, age 19), son of Emperor Friedrich IV.
- Prince Christian Alexander (born 15 May 2000, age 17), son of Emperor Friedrich IV.
- Princess Kira Astrid of Prussia (born 15 May 2000, age 17), daughter of Emperor Friedrich IV.
- Princess Victoria Marie of Prussia (born 18 June 2004, age 13), daughter of Emperor Friedrich IV.
- Prince Heinrich of Prussia (born 19 January 2008, age 10), son of Emperor Friedrich IV.
- Prince Albert Leopold of Prussia (born 19 April 2011, age 6), son of Emperor Friedrich IV.
- Princess Marie Josephine of Prussia (born 31 March 2015, age 2), daughter of Emperor Friedrich IV
- Prince Nikolaus Friedrich of Prussia (born 29 September 2015, age 2), son of Duke Joachim August.
- Princess Emma Marie of Prussia (born 17 November 2016), daughter of Duke Joachim August.