| prev, German Crown Princess and Crown Princess of Prussia
Princess of Prussia
|Spouse|| Prince Louis Ferdinand Sr of Prussia (m. 1975; d. 1977) |
Duke Friedrich August of Oldenburg (m. 1985)
| Georg Friedrich I, German Emperor (b. 1976) |
Princess Cornelie-Cecile of Prussia (b. 1978)
Duke Christian August of Oldenburg (b. 1986)
|House|| House of Castell-Rüdenhausen (by birth) |
House of Hohenzollern (by marriage)
|Father||Siegfried, 4th Prince of Castell-Rüdenhausen|
|Mother||Countess Irene of Solms-Laubach|
|Born||20 June 1950 (age 67)|
Princess Donata of the German Empire and Dowager Duchess of Oldenburg, (Donata Emma; born 20 June 1950) is the mother of Georg Friedrich I, German Emperor, current head of the Imperial and Royal House of Hohenzollern and his sister Princess Cornelie-Cecile
Countess Donata was born 20 June 1950 at the Castle of Rüdenhausen, Germany. As the third child and only daughter of Siegfried, 4th Prince of Castell-Rüdenhausen and (1916–2007), head of the Rüdenhausen branch of the House of Castell and his wife Countess Irene of Solms-Laubach (1925-2006).
Donata has seven brothers, two older and five younger:
- Johann-Friedrich, 5th Prince of Castell-Rüdenhausen (born 27 January 1948 - died 2014)
- Prince Manto Friedrich of Castell-Rüdenhausen (born 31 January 1949)
- Prince Christian Friedrich Casimir of Castell-Rüdenhausen (born 8 August 1952)
- Prince Rupert Friedrich of Castell-Rüdenhausen (born 25 September 1954)
- Prince Karl Friedrich of Castell-Rüdenhausen (born 21 October 1957)
- Prince Hermann Friedrich Castell-Rüdenhausen (born 26 June 1963)
- Prince Matthias Georg Friedrich of Castell-Rüdenhausen (born 13 April 1966)
She and her brothers were raised as Lutherans. After Abitur at Wiesentheider Gymnasium she made an apprenticeship of three years as a nurse at the German Red Cross Hospital in Würzburg
Marriages and Family Edit
First Marriage Edit
On 12 May 1975, Donata became Crown Princess of the German Empire upon her marriage Louis Ferdinand, the heir to the German Empire at St Peter and Paul's Cathedral.
Donata and Louis Ferdinand were parents of two children, a son and daughter:
- Georg Friedrich I, German Emperor (born 10 June 1976). On 22 August 1997, he married his childhood sweetheart, Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria at Berlin Cathedral. They have seven children.
- Princess Cornelie-Cecile of Prussia (born 30 January 1978, developmentally disabled)
In May/June 1977, the Crown Prince was involved in a severe accident during military manoeuvres when he was pinned between two vehicles. Although his leg was amputated, he succumbed several weeks later to the trauma and died on 11 July 1977 in Bremen.
Second Marriage Edit
On 9 February 1985, the Dowager Crown Princess married Duke Friedrich August of Oldenburg at the Imperial Abbey. They have one child together, one son:
- Duke Christian August of Oldenburg, (born 21 March 1986). On 2 September 2012, he married his childhood friend, Princess Sophie, Duchess of Oldenburg. They have two children; they are awaiting the arrival of their third child, due in August 2018.
Princess Donata has ten grandchildren:
- Wilhelm Ferdinand (born 10 October 1998, age 19), son of Emperor Friedrich IV.
- Prince Christian Alexander (born 15 May 2000, age 18), son of Emperor Friedrich IV.
- Princess Kira Astrid of Prussia (born 15 May 2000, age 18), daughter of Emperor Friedrich IV.
- Princess Victoria Marie of Prussia (born 18 June 2004, age 14), daughter of Emperor Friedrich IV.
- Prince Heinrich of Prussia (born 19 January 2008, age 10), son of Emperor Friedrich IV.
- Prince Albert Leopold of Prussia (born 19 April 2011, age 7), son of Emperor Friedrich IV.
- Prince Nikolaus Friedrich of Prussia (born 16 June 2013, age 5), son of Duke Joachim August.
- Princess Marie Josephine of Prussia (born 2 April 2015, age 3), daughter of Emperor Friedrich IV
- Princess Emma Marie of Prussia (born 17 November 2016, age 1), daughter of Duke Joachim August.