| Prince of Prussia |
Prince of Germany
Archduke of Austria
|Heinrich Johann Georg Ferdinand|
|House||House of Hohenzollern|
|Father||Georg Friedrich, King of Prussia|
|Mother||Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria|
|Born|| 19 January 2008 |
|Religion||Church of Germany|
HI&RH The Prince Heinrich "Henry" of Prussia (Heinrich Albert Johann Georg; born 19 January 2008) is the third son and fifth child of Georg Friedrich I, German Emperor and Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria.
Birth and Family Edit
Prince Henry was born at 19:24 on 19 January 2008 at the Royal Palace of Berlin. He is the fifth child and third son of Georg Friedrich I, German Emperor and Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria. His father was the only son of the late Crown Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia and Princess Donata of Prussia, Countess of Castell-Rüdenhausen and his mother is the eldest child and daughter of Archduke Carl Christian of Austria and Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg
His birth was greeted by 21-gun salutes from the Royal Palace of Berlin. His names and titles were announced the day after his birth on 21 January 2008 by his father, The Emperor, his paternal grandmother was present at a cabinet meeting a thanksgiving service was held to celebrate the Crown Prince's birth in attendance was his father, his four elder siblings; Wilhelm, Christian, Kira and Victoria, his maternal and paternal grandparents, his maternal great-grandfather, his aunt and uncles from both families.
Prince Heinrich has four older siblings and two younger siblings;
- Wilhelm Ferdinand, Crown Prince of Prussia (born 10 October 1998, age 19)
- Prince Christian Alexander, Hereditary Grand Duke of Mecklenburg (born 15 May 2000, age 17)
- Princess Kira Astrid of Prussia (born 15 May 2000, age 17)
- Princess Victoria Marie of Prussia (born 18 June 2004, age 13)
- Prince Albert Leopold of Prussia (born 19 April 2011, age 6)
- Princess Marie Josephine of Prussia (born 31 March 2015, age 2)
Prince Henry was christened at the age of four months on 21 May 2008 at St Peter and Paul's Cathedral.
His names are:
- Heinrich -
- Albert - After his 5x great-grandfather, Albert, Prince Consort, husband of Queen Victoria.
- Friedrich - After his great-great-great-grandfather, Frederick III, German Emperor
- George - After his father, Georg Friedrich I, German Emperor
- Viktor -
His godparents were:
- Archduke Alexander of Austria (his maternal uncle)
- Duke Christian August of Oldenburg (his paternal half-uncle)
- Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark
- Prince Carl Fredrik, Duke of Västerbotten
- Prince Félix of Luxembourg (his maternal second cousin)
- Princess Beatrice of York (his father's distant relative)
Prince Heinrich will receive the same education as his two elder brothers, Crown Prince Wilhelm Ferdinand and Prince Christian Alexander.
In June 2010, Prince Heinrich started his preschool education at Kindergarten. In 2015, he finished his preschool education at Kindergarten when he was five years old.
From June 2015 to January 2018, Prince Heinrich attended grammar schools in Bremen and Oldenburg, until he turned 10.
Starting from March 2018, Prince Heinrich will be attending Black Forest Preparatory School.