| Prince of Sweden |
The Duke of Skåne
|Oscar Carl Olof|
|House||House of Bernadotte|
|Father||Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland|
|Mother||Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden|
|Born|| 2 March 2016 (age 1 year) |
Karolinska University hospital, Solna, Sweden
|Religion||Church of Sweden|
As of February 2018, Prince Oscar is third-in-line to succeed the Swedish throne after his mother and elder sister.
Prince Oscar was born at 20:28 CET on 2 March 2016 at Karolinska University Hospital, Solna Municipality, Sweden.
His parents are Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, the eldest child, daughter and heir apparent of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden and Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland, the only son and second child of Mr Olle Westling and Mrs Ewa Westling. He has a sister, Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland, who was born four years earlier in February 2012 at the same hospital.
The birth was greeted by two 21-gun salutes on the island of Skeppsholmen, opposite Stockholm Palace. His names and title were announced the following day by his maternal grandfather, the King. Skåne is the southernmost titular duchy in Sweden and is known historically in English as Scania. There have been two previous Dukes of Scania in the House of Bernadotte, both became kings: Charles XV and Gustaf VI Adolf (Prince Oscar's great-great-grandfather). A Te Deum thanksgiving service was held in the palace's Royal Chapel on 3 March 2016 to celebrate his birth
Prince Oscar was christened when he was two months on 27 May 2016 in the Royal Chapel at Stockholm Palace.
His names are:
- Oscar - the name of his maternal ancestors, Oscar I, Oscar II.
- Carl - the namesake of his maternal grandfather, Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden.
- Olof - the namesake of his father, Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland, who was named Olof at birth but changed his name to Daniel.
His godparents were:
- Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland (his maternal aunt)
- Prince Daniel, Duke of Jämtland (his maternal first cousin)
- Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark (his maternal third cousin)
- Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway
- Mr Oscar Magnuson (his mother's first cousin)
- Mr Hans Astrom (his father's first cousin)