| Prince of Sweden, The Duke of Västmanland, Prince of Denmark and Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
|Stefan Alexander George Frederik Gustaf|
|House||House of Bernadotte|
|Father||Prince Carl Fredrik, Duke of Västerbotten|
|Mother||Princess Nathalie, Duchess of Västerbotten|
|Born|| 21 June 2010 |
Danderyd Municipality, Sweden
|Religion||Church of Sweden|
HRH Prince Stefan of Sweden, The Duke of Västmanland (Stefan Alexander Frederik Gustaf; born 21 June 2010) is the third son and fourth child of Prince Carl Fredrik, Duke of Västerbotten and Princess Nathalie, Duchess of Västerbotten
Prince Stefan was born on 21 June 2010 at 16:57 CET and born at Danderyd Municipality, Sweden. He is the third son and fourth child of Prince Carl Fredrik, Duke of Västerbotten and his wife Princess Nathalie, Duchess of Västerbotten. His father is the elder twin and second child of Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden and her mother is the youngest child and daughter of Richard, 6th Prince of Sayn Wittgenstein berleburg and Princess Benedikte of Denmark.
He was born days after the wedding of his paternal aunt and godmother, Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden.
Their birth was greeted by two 21-gun salutes on the island Skeppsholmen, opposite the Royal Palace in the capital of Stockholm. Their names and titles were announced on 17 January 2010, by his paternal grandfather Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden at a cabinet meeting. After the cabinet meeting, a Te Deum was held in the Palace's Royal chapel to celebrate his birth in attendance was his father, his elder sister, his elder brothers, his paternal grandparents and maternal grandmother, his aunts and uncles.
The Prince has four siblings, one elder sister and three elder brothers.
- Princess Leona, Duchess of Öland, his only sister (born 27 April 2001, age 16)
- Prince Wilhelm, Duke of Södermanland, his eldest brother, (born 30 March 2005, age 12)
- Prince Frederik, Duke of Jämtland, his elder brother (born 15 March 2007, age 10)
- Prince Stefan, Duke of Västmanland, his younger brother (born 18 May 2014, age 3)
Prince Michael was christened on 6 September 2010 at the Royal Chapel of Stockholm Palace, Sweden.
His godparents are:
- Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, his father's elder sister
- Gustav, Hereditary Prince of Sayn Wittgenstein berleburg, his mother's brother
- Gustaf Magnuson, his father's first cousin
- Sophie, Countess of Wessex
- Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg
Royal Functions Edit
On 21 August 2010, two-month-old Prince Stefan with the rest of the Swedish Royal Family celebrated the 200th anniversary of the House of Bernadotte.
On 14 January 2012, one-year-old Prince Stefan with his elder brothers and sister celebrated the 40th Ruby Jubilee Reign of his mother's aunt, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, his great-aunt.
On 24 February 2012
On 22 May 2012, Prince Stefan with his parents and elder siblings attended the christening of his first cousin, Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland, She is the daughter of his paternal aunt, Crown Princess Victoria. His father, Prince Carl Fredrik is Princess Estelle's godfather.
On 8 June 2013, two-year-old Prince Michael acted as pageboy at the wedding of his paternal aunt, Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland and Mr Christopher O'Neill.
On 8 July 2013, Prince Stefan with his father, his elder sister and elder brother attended the Te Deum of his younger sister. On 10 July 2013, Prince Stefan with his father and elder siblings visited their mother and new-born sister in hospital.
On 15 September 2013, Prince Stefan with his parents, his elder siblings and the rest of the Swedish Royal Family celebrated the 40th Ruby Jubilee Reign of his paternal grandfather, King XVI Gustaf of Sweden.
On 8 June 2014, Prince Stefan with his parents and elder siblings attended the Christening of his first cousin, Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
On 18 August 2014, Prince Stefan with his elder siblings attended the christening of his younger brother, Prince Stefan, Duke of Västmanland.
On 13 June 2015, four-year-old Prince Stefan with his parents and elder siblings attended the wedding of his paternal uncle, Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland and Miss Sofia Hellqvist, later Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland. Prince Stefan acted as a pageboy, his father, Prince Carl Fredrik was best man and his elder brother was Junior supporter.
On 11 October 2015, Prince Stefan with his parents, his elder sister and three brothers attended the christening of his first cousin, Prince Nicolas, Duke of Ångermanland.
Titles, Styles, Honours and Arms Edit
Titles and Styles Edit
- 21 June 2010 - present: His Royal Highness Prince Stefan of Sweden, The Duke of Smäland, Prince of Denmark and Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- Knight of the Royal Order of the Seraphim (since his birth, on 21 June 2010)
- Knight of the Order of Charles XIII (since his birth, on 21 June 2010)
- Recipient of the 40th Ruby Jubilee Medal of King Carl XVI Gustaf
- Recipient of the 70th Birthday Badge Medal of King Carl XVI Gustaf