| German Empress, Queen Consort of Prussia, Princess of Isenburg
|Sophie and her new husband at their wedding banquet|
|Reign||27 August 2011 - present (5 years, 303 days)|
|Predecessor||Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria|
|Spouse||Georg Friedrich (m. 2011)|
| Prince Carl Friedrich of Prussia |
Prince Louis Ferdinand Jr of Prussia
Princess Emma Marie of Prussia
Prince Heinrich of Prussia
|Sophie Johanna Maria|
|House|| House of Isenburg (by birth)
House of Hohenzollern (by marriage)
|Father||Franz-Alexander, Prince of Isenburg|
|Mother||Countesses Christine von Saurma-Jeltsch|
|Born|| 7 March 1978 (age 38) |
Frankfurt, West Germany
Early Life Edit
Princess Sophie was born on 7 March 1978 in Frankfurt, West Germany. Her parents are Franz-Alexander, Prince of Isenburg and his wife, née Countess Christine von Saurma-Jeltsch. He is head of a mediatized Catholic line of Princes of the Holy Roman Empire, who lost their independence in 1815. She has two sisters (Archduchess Katharina of Austria-Esteand Isabelle, Dowager Princess of Wied) and two brothers (Hereditary Prince Alexander and Prince Viktor).
Education and Career Edit
Growing up at Castle Birstein, the family seat in Hesse, Sophie studied at a primary school in Birstein and at St. Mary's school (de) in Fulda. She then attended the boarding school Kloster Wald and passed her A-Levels as well as a trade test as a dressmaker. The princess undertook internships in her country's Bundestag, and in London, Hong Kong, and Shanghai.
Sophie studied Business Administration at the University of Freiburg and Humboldt University of Berlin and works at a firm that offers consulting services for nonprofit business.
Personal Life Edit
The Engagement between Georg Friedrich, King of Prussia and Sophie, Princess of Isenburg was announced on 21 January 2011. The civil wedding was set be conducted in the City hall of Potsdam by the Mayor Jann Jakobs on 25 August 2011, two days before the religious ceremony. The religious ceremony was set for 27 August 2011 at the Church of Peace in Potsdam
Children and Stepchildren Edit
Georg Friedrich and Sophie have four children together:
- His Imperial and Royal Highness Prince Carl Friedrich Franz Alexander of Prussia, born 20 January 2013. He is the third child, second son and elder twin of Georg Friedrich and the eldest of four and eldest son of Sophie. He is third-in-line to succeed the Imperial throne of Germany.
- His Imperial and Royal Highness Prince Louis Ferdinand Christian Albrecht II of Prussia, born 20 January 2013. He is the fourth child, third son and younger twin of Georg Friedrich and the second child of four and the younger son of Sophie. He is fourth-in-line to succeed the Imperial throne of Germany.
- Her Imperial and Royal Highness Princess Emma Marie Charlotte Sophie of Prussia, born 2 April 2015. She is the second daughter and fifth child of Georg Friedrich and the third child of four and the only daughter of Sophie.
- His Imperial and Royal Highness Prince Heinrich Albert Johann Georg of Prussia, born 17 November 2016. He is the sixth child and youngest son of Georg Friedrich and the youngest child and youngest son of Sophie. He is fifth-in-line to succeed the Imperial throne of Germany.
Sophie has three stepchildren from her husband's first marriage:
- His Imperial and Royal Highness Wilhelm Ferdinand, Crown Prince of Prussia, born 10 October 1998.
- Her Imperial and Royal Highness Princess Victoria Marie of Prussia born 18 June 2001.
- His Imperial and Royal Highness Prince Christian Alexander of Prussia born 27 July 2004.
Queen-Empress Consort Edit
Sophie became German Empress and Queen-Consort of Prussia on 30 August 2011. When she married, Georg Friedrich, the current German-Emperor and King of Prussia.
Sophie was officially crowned as German Empress and Queen Consort of Prussia on 26 September 2012 at the Grand Imperial Church of Peace, Prussia.
As German Empress and Queen Consort of Prussia, Sophie is the First Royal Lady of Germany and Prussia. She is a senior member of the German Imperial and Royal Family.
Royal Duties as German Empress Edit
As the wife and consort of the Emperor, Sophie is a senior working member of the German Imperial Family with her own agenda of official engagements. Sophie also takes part in the regular official dinners hosted by the Emperor and the Empress, state visits to Prussia, high level and official visits from foreign dignitaries, the opening of Parliament and the celebrations of German National Day.
Titles, Styles and Honours Edit
Titles and Styles Edit
- 7 March 1978 - 30 August 2011: Her Serene Highness Princess Sophie of Isenburg
- 30 August 2011 - present: Her Imperial and Royal Majesty The German Empress and Queen Consort of Prussia